1. Indiana vs. 16. LIU / James Madison – No history to be made here.
8. NC State vs. 9. Temple – Expect to see CJ Leslie run all over the Owls as he tries to improve his NBA Draft stock under the big lights.
5. UNLV vs. 12. California – Cal is hungry for revenge after losing to the Rebels by one point back in early December.
4. Syracuse vs. 13 Montana – Syracuse’s zone and athleticism will suffocate the Grizzlies’ offensive efforts. Look out for a big game from CJ Fair in orange.
6. Butler vs. 11. Bucknell – Brad Stevens always finds a way to get his team to peak in March. Bucknell will give them a tough first round battle though.
3. Marquette vs. 14. Davidson – Buzz Williams and the Golden Eagles are hungry to take the next step and make a deep run into March. No Stephen Curry for Davidson so they are heading home.
7. Illinois vs. 10. Colorado – Illinois has fallen off after a hot start to their Big Ten slate. Colorado is used to traveling to Texas from their time in the Big 12.
2. Miami (FL) vs. 15 Pacific – The ‘Canes will continue to make their case as a number one seed, even after getting snubbed on Selection Sunday.
- Second Round -
1. Indiana vs. 8. NC State – Cody Zeller will be too great of a presence down low for Coach Tom Crean. Hoosiers advance to their second straight Sweet 16.
5. Syracuse vs. 12. California - Normally I would be concerned about Syracuse traveling to the west coast but this team has already made the trip once this season and they know what it takes to win a big game, even if its three time zones away from home.
6. Butler vs. 3 Marquette – Butler already beat them earlier in the year. The same result will happen in Lexington and the Bulldogs will be moving on to the regional semifinals.
10. Colorado vs. 2. Miami (FL) – Larkin will take this game over against a Colorado backcourt that is questionable defensively.
- Sweet 16 -
1. Indiana vs. 4. Syracuse – Syracuse is able to find their three point shot in the form of James Southerland and Brandon Triche. The experienced seniors lead Boeheim and the Orange past a relatively young Indiana squad.
6. Butler vs. 2. Miami (FL) – Jim Larranaga knows better than anyone what it takes to beat a mid-major squad that is playing well in March. Miami is getting hot at the right time and continue rolling through the East region.
-Elite 8 -
4. Syracuse vs. 2. Miami (FL) – Having three members of the ACC’s All-Defensive First Team will allow Miami to force turnovers and disrupt any flow that the Syracuse offense had. Coach Jim Larranaga heading to his second Final Four, this time with a power conference school.